Classifieds | Webboard
9/15/99; This section of the site shares stuff with Team Chevelle.
A big disclaimer;
The object of this section is to post items that are based on a "beenthere, done that" philosophy. However, nothing can be perfect!! Pleasekeep this in mind as you read the following sections. I'll try to verifyall that I can, but we just come back to "perfect" thing again.If you find any errors, please feel free to e-mail me.
The pages are made primarily with a Chevelle inmind (sorry), and are added as they may apply to the Buick "A"body cars or G.M.'s in general.
Another point that should be stated is that I'm not going to go into the older Buicks just due to the fact that I don't know them. For the record,I currently own a 64 Chevelle 2 door wagon. I've also owned a 69 Camaro. I'm 47 (as of today), and have played with cars most of my years. Wes.Vann
"Terms andPhrases" (date unknown)
- Tech Reference#1 Windshield Glass R&R (3/21/97)
- Tech Reference #2 Tall Spindle Disk Brakes on an "A" body
- Tech Reference #3 Short Spindle Disk brakes on an "A" body
- Tech Reference#4 Starters & Solenoids (3/28/97)
- Tech Reference#5 Distributors including HEI's (11/24/97)
- Tech Reference#6 Floor Pan replacement (3/22/97)
- Tech Reference#7 TH350 replacing Powerglide (4/1/97)
- Tech Reference #8 Void
- Tech Reference#9 Hanging doors and fenders (7/8/97)
- Tech Reference#10 Small Block to Big Block conversion (8/25/97)
- Tech Reference#11 700R4 Trans conversion (8/14/97)
- Tech Reference #12 Void
- Tech Reference#13 Thoughts on security (9/3/97)
- Tech Reference#14 Alternator conversions (10/7/98)
- Tech Reference#15 Converting to a 4 speed (11/24/97)
- Tech Reference #16 Void
- Tech Reference#17 Adjusting Valves (9/28/98)
- Tech Reference#18 Fuel Gauge Problems (8/9/98)
- TechReference #19 Vintage Air in a 64 Chevelle (just for reference) (11/26/98)
- TechReference #20 Aftermarket Gauges (3/5/99)
- TechReference #21 Manual Transmissions (3/3/99)
- Tech Reference #22 Automatic Transmissions (future)
- Tech Reference #23 Rear-ends (future)
- TechReference #24 Gearing formulas (4/3/99)
- Tech Reference #25 Hood Lock on a 65 "A" body
These links are to web pages that I think are very informative and well constructed. (In other words, I couldn't do a better job!) They are "offsite" and in order to return, you will have to use your "back button"!
- Heidt's Hot Rod shop has a web site for their products. They make suspension set-ups for street rods and recently have started making a "mustang II" suspension for Nova's. Now, none of us guys (an girls) will be running a mustang II set-up (it would be OK to own a Nova with a conversion), but there is a VERY informative page on front suspension geometry. Click Here. Please note that the link will send you directly to the info page. Their whole web site is nice and if you are interested in streetrods, you should check it out! Their main site can be entered by clicking here.
- Mike Pell had a really neat page that goes into how he made the "Mike Pell Auto Body Rotisserie" for his car. The problems with the link are now fixed and you should go and check out his site. Click here for his main index page. Due to legal stuff, I have to add that you should be careful and use your head when working with anything heaver than 16 oz.
- Jeff Klemens is doing a complete frame-off chevelle restoration and his site is full of excellent photos (that are arranged in fast down-loading thumbnails) and diary type entries in regards to the work being done. If you think that a frame-off job is easy, then you have to goto this site! I really wish that my garage was as clean as Jeff Klemensor Mike Pells!
Tools and Materials
- Tools #1Welders(4/12/97)
- Tools #2 Volt/Ohmmeter
- Tools #3 Electrical connections, Crimpers, Soldering irons, Relays (5/13/97)
- Tools #4 Tubing and Tools (9/28/98)
- Tools #5 Cool Tools that don't fit anywhere else (5/1/97)
- Materials #1Fillers, Primers, Paints, & required tools (4/12/97)
Reference, Tool, and Material Articlesmanaged by: Wes Vann